News from Quilt 4 U - Columbia MO March 23 2023
New fabrics we have received from Northcott:
Serenity Basics - Very narrow stripes:
Colors available are green, black, blue, taupe, and pink
Serenity Basics - Very Small Dots:
Colors available are Tan, Yellow, Lilac, Taupe and white
Serenity Basics - Grids:
Colors available are: Rose, Light Gray, Smoke, Green, Taupe and Gray
Serenity Basics - Texture
Colors available are Gray, Smoke, Beige, Tan and Sage
New from Henry Glass: Froth & Bubble:
Green Bird Vines Light Blue Foulard Red Rose Floral
Red Mixed Media Red Foulard Green Foulard
Mixed Media Slate Blue Floral Wreaths Cream
Wide Backings from Henry Glass: These are 118 inches wide.
108 inch wide from Henry Glass:
Black/Tan Farmhouse Xmas Toile Navy/Cream Parlor Pretties
The new Steampunk Stitchery Kit is here! 70 x 88
If you pre-ordered, please confirm you want the kit that is now available.
If you did not pre-order, let me know if you want one. We placed a second order and it has arrived so we will be cutting more kits this week. Below are a few of the fabrics in the kit:
The sample quilt is hanging in the store now.
Back in Stock:
Diagonal Seam Tape is a perfect solution for sewing straight diagonal seams without having to mark any lines! The special washi tape is strong, thin, and removes cleanly after sewing projects. Simply place the tape in front of the feed dogs with the red line in front of the needle as the stitch line. The black lines on either side of the center line represent a perfect 1/4" seam allowance and are a great resource to use when making half square triangles, or learning to keep a perfect 1/4". Each roll is 10 yards.
Size - 1/2 in. x 10 yds
Creative Grids Rotary Cutter and Case
The Creative Grids® 45mm rotary cutter is designed with you in mind. The sleek red metal body adds weight to the cutter so less pressure is required when cutting fabric. The cushioned comfort grip is designed to fit your hand, reducing slips and muscle fatigue.
The new and improved easy-to-toggle button allows you to move the blade guard for both right and left handed cutting. Push the button in before moving to the L for left handed cutting or to the R for right handed cutting. Push the button in again to move it back to the center to fully protect the blade when not in use. The button will click into place in all three locations providing safe cutting and storage every time. The exposed blade is specifically designed to extend beyond the guard to work with the Creative Grids® slotted rulers.
To replace the blade, simply pull down on the tab to release it and add a new blade - a smooth and easy process. The Creative Grid® 45mm rotary cutter comes in a protective zippered case that includes plenty of room to store additional blades and notions.
Do you like to make small quilts?
This 2-1/2in x 4-1/2in ruler is the perfect choice for anyone who loves to work with the 2-1/2in precuts on the market today. Also great for trimming up smaller projects.
This 1-1/2in square ruler from Creative Grids® is the perfect ruler for anyone who loves to work with little blocks. Our exclusive grip covers the entire back surface to give you extra stability when cutting.
Total Size – 1-1/2in x 1-1/2in
- Easy to read black and white markings are printed in 1in grids marked in 1/8in and 1/4in increments.
- The 1/4in dashed lines that are printed on two adjoining sides, aid in trimming seam allowances.
- A 45 degree diagonal line makes trimming half-square triangle blocks easy and accurate.
- The ruler slides easily over the fabric until pressure is applied. Then our exclusive grip holds the fabric in place while cutting, eliminating slipping and miss-cuts.
These rulers save valuable time and can be used for any Dresden design or pattern! - Quilter's Select
- Pointed Dresdens line is marked to better visualize finished double-pointed wedge.
- Thin lines increase accuracy.
- Broken lines help assure edge of fabric is centered under lines thereby increasing accuracy.
- Center line enables fussy cutting for symmetry and kaleidoscopic effects.
- Full inch and half inch notations are on opposite edges for clarity.
- Instructions include great inspiration and new ideas with a free pattern!
- Left-handed and right-handed cutting diagrams included.
Quilt 4 U and Daniel's Sewing Service Hours are Wednesday thru Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.